Cornerstone Engineering, Inc. is looking for a Piping Designer who is interested in joining a team of consultants focused on serving relationship-based clients in a collaborative, innovative, and multi-disciplinary environment. While initial project needs pertain to the Utility, Water Treatment, and Oil & Gas industries, project experience may include the Defense, Agriculture, and Public Works industries.
Cornerstone is a privately-owned consulting firm who prioritizes company culture and employee growth to ensure we are meeting the needs of our clientele while developing the capabilities of our team members.
The qualifications and responsibilities of Piping Designer candidates interested in joining our team are as follows:
Minimum Experience & Capabilities:
- 5+ years of experience in the design of piping systems
- Proficient with 3D design software, including CADWorx, AVEVA/PDMS/E3D, Plant 3D, Etc.
- Capable of interpreting Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
Piping Designer Responsibilities:
- Perform all functions related to the preparation of Mechanical Design project deliverables, including but not limited to:
- 3D model development with minimal input from Client or internal resources
- Produce 3D model deliverables including isometrics, bills of materials, etc.
- Import and use survey data
- Create catalog items and specifications per industry and/or Client specifications and standards
- Understand the application of industry and/or Client specifications and standards to 3D model development
- Produce deliverables associated with various project phases including front-end scoping, detailed design, fabrication, and construction
- Assist the Project Manager in the identification of appropriate cost estimates and schedules associated with client scope
- Coordinate drafting resources
- Mentor and supervise junior drafting staff
- Collaborate with client, 3rd-party, and internal personnel
- Lead model reviews
- Prepare deliverables for submittal
Preferred Experience & Capabilities:
- Exposure to and an understanding of multi-disciplinary project scope
- Experience with fabrication and construction package preparation
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to be effective in a team environment
- Working knowledge of pertinent industry codes and standards
- Experience as a member of a consulting firm
- General Utility and Oil & Gas industry knowledge and field experience
- Passion for delivering excellence to our internal and external customers
Location & Travel:
- This position would be based out of the Bakersfield, CA office
- Some field visits would be required; overnight travel would be seldom (travel compensation provided)
The above summary is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice